Flying Drones at Work (legally and safely)
Does this apply to me?
Yes – If you fly drones commercially or at work, there are some obvious and not-so-obvious requirements.
To find out more, read our summary…
So, what do I need to know?
The Law on flying drones is changing on 30th July and sets requirements for flying.
What do I need to do?
- Obtain Permission from the Civil Aviation Authority (you will probably need to attend their training course).
- Fly your drone below 400 feet (120 metres)
- Keep your drone in sight and within range
- Do not fly over a congested area, or within set distances of people structures and vehicles
- Keep away from airports and aircraft
- If you are filming, take care to meet relevant privacy laws
- Follow the manufacturers instructions
- Power failure
- Flight paths
- Other drones and people
Where Can I Find Further Information?
- The Civil Aviation Authority http://www.caa.co.uk/home/
- The National Air Traffic Service https://www.nats.aero/
- The Drone Code http://dronesafe.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Dronecode_2018-07-30.pdf
If you need a policy or risk assessment written or just advice on flying safely and legally, contact us on 0116 216 9224 or at firstname.lastname@example.org