Health & Safety Consultant
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in an organisation that values and supports its staff, with ongoing training and development, who prides itself on delivering an excellent service to its clients and is in the process of going through significant growth?
If so, we are looking for an individual with at least 12 months experience in Health and Safety to join us as a Health and Safety Consultant. The role is supported by an experienced team and the successful candidate will receive support and training to enable them to grow in their knowledge and ability.
Greens Consultancy specialises in Occupational Health and Safety. We serve and protect our clients with straightforward solutions that save time and money, keep people safe and comply with legal requirements. We offer a range of consultancy, advice and support on a variety of safety issues from initial review to the design and implementation of full Health and Safety Management Systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible as the legally appointed person for their own clients:
– Production of professional safety documents such as risk assessments, management plans, safe systems, method statements and policies
– Managing their own workload and maintaining effective communication with clients
– Providing advice, assistance and / or training to clients on matters relating to a variety of subjects including safety law and best practice
– Carrying out practical work, such as the completion of site inspections, attending meetings and connecting with the clients face to face, by telephone and over email
– Assisting clients to submit and achieve a pass with various contractor assessment schemes
– Building and maintaining positive relationships with clients
– Attending premises and sites to complete inspections and produce reports and action plans
– Beginning and maintaining continuous professional development and professional memberships
– Visiting premises and sites to meet prospective and existing clients, discuss and establish their requirements and where appropriate selling services
– Minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in occupational health and safety
– Experience in occupational health and safety in the construction industry.
– Excellent IT skills
– Ability to relate to, engage with, motivate and inspire business owners and leaders coaching, encouraging, training and informing clients and their employees
– Managing a variable workload in sometimes challenging circumstances e.g. where the company is facing enforcement action or after an accident leading to injury
– High levels of attention to detail as well as the ability to communicate with clarity, both written and verbally
– High levels of self-motivation coupled with a willingness to learn as well as to take on extra responsibilities
– A full UK driving licence and their own vehicle (all work incurred expenses incurred at work are reimbursed)
You will be based from our Leicestershire office with the need to visit sites across the Midlands and the UK as required. In return the Health and Safety Consultant will receive a salary of £20,000 – 30,000 p.a. (dependent on qualifications and experience).
Other beneficial experiences you may have includes: Trainee Health and Safety Consultant, Trainee H&S Consultant, Graduate Health and Safety Consultant, Junior Health and Safety Consultant, Health and Safety Advisor, Health and Safety Consultant, Health and Safety Assistant, Health and Safety, H&S etc.
Closing date for applications is: 10/12/2017.
No agencies please.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.