Safety Inspections – & how to prepare for them
(& how to prepare for them)
What is happening?
After a long period of inactivity, HSE and Local Authority Officers are carrying out
unscheduled visits. Managers of premises or construction sites would be advised to be
prepared as several our clients have received a visit.
How Can I prepare?
1. Ensure your workplace is clean and tidy. The impact of this cannot be understated.
2. Inform your Managers that an inspection is more likely to happen and provide them
with guidance and training on how to respond, e.g. it is highly inadvisable to refuse
3. Be prepared for members of staff to be questioned, so provide them with clear
information on how the organisation protects their health, safety and welfare.
4. Make sure relevant safety documentation is available, up to date and sufficient.
Where Can I Find Further Information?
1. Areas these visits will focus on – http://www.hse.gov.uk/lau/activities.pdf
2. What to expect when an inspector calls. – http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/hsc14.htm
3. Why are we visited? – http://www.hse.gov.uk/aboutus/howwework/inspections.htm
4. For advice on any safety subject or want to discuss how we can support your business,
contact us on 0116 216 9224 or at firstname.lastname@example.org